1.1) Wonderberry recognises that its operations have an effect on the local, regional and global environment. We will ensure that all staff are trained in our environmental management policy and given guidance in its implementation.
1.2) As a consequence of this, the management are committed to continuous improvements in environmental performance and the prevention of pollution. Digi Berry is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of this environmental policy.
1.3) Current environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice will be regarded as setting the minimum standards of environmental performance.
1.4) We will implement measures to help the business and its employees to use ‘green transport’, for example, providing facilities for cyclists, encouraging car sharing, and encouraging the use of public transport by providing information on local routes.
2) We will dispose of all waste in a responsible manner, ensuring that we always comply with the Duty of Care Regulations. Any services used for the storage or disposal of waste will be checked to ensure that appropriate licences are held.
3) We will attempt to reduce or eliminate the use of ozone depleting chemicals (CFC, Halon, 1.1.1 Trichloroethane, HCFC), tropical hardwood from forests which have not been independently certified as sustainable, pesticides on the U.K. ‘red list’ or EC ‘black list’, and peat for soil amelioration purposes.
4) We will try, where possible, to use suppliers who are willing to take away packaging for re-use or recycling and will consider the environmental impact of any purchases.
5) We will try to reduce the energy and water consumption of the business and minimise CO2 emissions. We will invest in the improved energy efficiency of products we use and investigate environmentally safe and sustainable energy sources.
6) We will ensure that dust, noise and odour do not cause a nuisance to the community surrounding the place of business or site on which we are working.
7) We will try to reduce waste production and carry out recycling as much as possible.
8) In the office environment, paper will be used sensibly, with measures to re-use and recycle waste paper, and the increased use of electronic communication to reduce the need for paper use.
9) We will ensure that no polluting matter enters surface waters or groundwater, will obtain permission before discharging any contaminated water, and before commencing any works we will check the area for endangered species, protected plant species, trees subject to a Tree Preservation Order, and protected archaeology.
10) We will try to use sub-contractors and suppliers who comply with the requirements of our environmental management policy, and will help sub-contractors and suppliers comply with environmental laws and regulations as much as possible.